Sunday, September 30, 2018

#ThisIsFifty

#ThisIsFifty #ThisIs50 #HappyBirthday

Today I celebrate a milestone! I am 50!
50 and it was official as of 5:18 am ET
and yes when I was born my last name was Wong!

Saturdays and pretty much each weekend I have a meet up of sorts with my people with the Bushtukah Trail Running crew. It is always nice to see this crew out and enjoying the fall temperatures. I even had the pleasure of running with a former co-worker Erin. She's getting into trail running through our mutual friend/group leader Kate. Since Kate was away our co-leader was Therese who always bring us treats and coffee!! She takes really good care of us also! I only wanted to do 5K while the others did around 9-12K which was out at Old Quarry Trail P5 across from Hazeldean Mall. I left the crew I was running with and the remainder when on to another trail while I took the other loop of B23 back to P5, but wanted to make sure I got my minimum 5K in the books. A couple of runners had already returned and I had some cookies and an apple. I had to balance out the calories! 😁 I stayed to socialize and stretch a bit, but as I was cooling down I was getting chilled so I left my the crew and headed home as I needed to be back before 11a as I had a date!!!

My oldest decided she wanted to take me to see the Broadway musical School of Rock at the National Arts Centre. She knew I enjoyed the movie with Jack Black and said GnG (Grandma and Grandpa) would love for me to take the tickets and see the show!
We left to have an early lunch at le Café; however, when we arrived the resto was closed. They were only open for the dinner hour. We were seeing the matinee show. She was disappointed as she wanted to treat her old man for a lunch and a show. So we did the next best thing and went out across the way to Nando's. She doesn't remember having the chicken there before when we went to Vancouver, but she decided to give it a try. Also it was close and we didn't want to get rained on in case the weather changed as they were forecasting showers.
Nando's Tabouleh Chicken Sandwich
If you have never eaten at Nando's its not your typical restaurant as you go in and you get seated, but you get menus and then you order as if you are at a fast food restaurant so the premise is that there is no need for an actual waitress/waiter to serve you as you serve yourself, but there is staff that bring you your meal. You just have to remember your table number when you place the order. As well you are left to get your own cutlery, non-alcohol drinks and sauces (if you like extra spice or garlic).
Lunch out was just as nice as long as I was with my date. 😇

The musical is about a washed up band member who is hanging out with his best bud and his girlfriend and mooching off them rent free. He was being mocked daily by his friends girlfriend as his BFF had gone into supply teaching (babysitting) as Dewey was mocking his career choice. The ultimatum was laid down that if he didn't get rent soon he would be out! Then a call came for Ned his BFF about a potential supply teaching job at a private school that would pay him a large sum of cash if he could look after a bunch of 11 year olds. Well I won't reveal much more but these kids/actors are extremely talented singers and musicians! They play their own instruments! It was an amazing show!
Obligatory shot with the musical poster
Intermission
Waiting for the show to start!
We had our own private box!
I can't re-iterate enough how talented the cast of kids were. Even the adults were amazing in their roles, but really who are we kidding the show is all about them!

After the show we headed to the car as we needed to get home for the party. It was meant to be a surprise but there were too many clues and subtle hints that were too hard not to notice. Whenever your house is de-cluttered you know something is up. Let me just say I was more than happy to see all my friends and co workers mix it up in my different social circles that I am in. It was all my oldest Mei-Ling who orchestrated the surprise and my wife Kiera and Lia that executed the party while ML was out distracting me. 
Just some of the folks at the party

5-0
My Run Buddies





Decorations by Lia and Devon

The cake by GnG
Balloons!
Decoration committee aka Lia & Devon were hard at work

One of the required hats for the party!



Yes there was cake! A lot!

Thank you friends for all the cards and well wishes!

My new #olddude hat
For the Bling

To all my friends who made it out last night,
 I 😍 you all for making my party special!

No comments:

Post a Comment