Sunday, September 30, 2018

Canada Army Run 2018

Canada Army Run 2018 edition

If you people know me then it's apparent I thrive or rather succumb to peer pressure 😄 but truthfully I could have ignored all of that and said no way am I doing ANOTHER Army Run commander's challenge after two stinking hot years in a row. In fact when I signed up I didn't even realize I had a heart condition. I was actually training to PB in my fall races. Of course all of that came to a screeching halt.
I was left with either sell/transfer my bib or just do the race. There were really no conditions on doing this challenge wellll other than not doing it but then it would have been money not very well spent. Part of the ego was I didn't want to DNS (Did not start) OR a DNF (Did not Finish) those are acronyms a runner hates to admit to doing, but it happens.

If you don't know the Commander's Challenge is doing two races in one day. In fact the transition between one race and the start of the next one could be about 40 mins. The challenge consists of first running a 5K at 8a and then doing the 1/2 marathon at 9:30 so in theory if you run fast like some of the elites then you could have a nice long break between races. OR if you were strategic you used the 5K as a nice tempo run to guage your pace and then do the 1/2.

But I'll put my link to my usual race report that I posted on FB.


So far I only have the 5K finish line video, but free! Thanks Zoom Photo and for the pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment