Friday, September 28, 2018

CT Scan

CT scan

After my visit with the electrophysiologist I had a very early appointment to get to the Ottawa Heart Institute on August 17th. Here's the list of things I had to do before the appointment:
  • No caffeine
  • Fast for two hours prior to appointment
  • Hydrate well during the two hours
  • 1st floor and wait in the waiting room until called by the nurse
  • An injection will be administered
  • Bring list of medications and health card
Of course the meeting with the electrophysiologist and then following up with a CT scan was tough so lack of quality sleep was tricky.
I got to the Heart Institute early enough, but when they said hydrate well I really overdid it as I needed to take a pee break as soon as I walked into the UOHI. Then went again like three more times before getting called. 😌😞
Once I got into the assessment room they wired me up for an ECG and bam I went into AFib. The nurse talked to the tech and asked if they could still do that with the CT scan or not.
A side bar the UOHI is under renovation and their regular CT scan was inaccessible so they had their older one which wouldn't be able to capture quivering hearts.
The room was well air conditioned to the point where it was meat locker cold. Of course this doesn't help matters when your heart is fluttering, the room is cold and you are being stuffed into a giant magnet!
How would you feel? 😨😨
Regardless of how it went I did NOT get the injection, but was instructed to just hold my breath so they could capture the image(s).
It worked to some degree, but I would not be surprised if I have to go for another follow up scan.
So I felt very deflated/defeated on that experience. Damn Bladder and Damn you Heart for not cooperating!

Next post Cycling...

No comments:

Post a Comment