Saturday, December 15, 2018

Run Ottawa 4th Annual Light Run

Escape to Downtown Ottawa

This past Thursday, December 13th I ventured out to connect with the run crew. Yes, yes NO RUNNING was repeated to me by several people. Cam and I drove downtown together and not knowing where to park we got to Parliament nice and early. Of course I took a chance and parked in a spot where the sign was questionable as it was a loading zone, but also a sign that was no parking between 7a-7p yet there were all these cars parked there. So Cam and I rolled the dice and I squeezed into that spot.
We walked up to the centennial flame and waited and watched a bit of the light show on the hill until we saw some runners starting to appear. I met some of my fellow TA ambassadors Tegan, Jennifer and of course Tracy.
Centennial Flame

Centre Block
Christophe was the first to see Cam and I and shortly after Lisa arrived. Then more started to come and they were ready to get ready to run the route.
Merry Runners

More Joyful runners

Lisa explaining the route
While the group headed out Cam and I started towards the Byward market to the Ottawa sign. Of course standing outside and not running was cold so we took a detour into the Chapters to warm up before heading to the Ottawa sign.
War Memorial on the way to Chapters

#ottcity
Of course the usual group photo at the market. There were actually two groups, but we only got the 1st. I think Lisa stayed behind for the 2nd.
Great turnout
Cam and I started back and headed to the Brixton Pub but took more photos along the way.
And yes we saw some of the last group of runners.
Some of the runners

Same crew

Lisa found some run buddies

Rideau Locks by the Chateau Laurier

Blurred shot of Stephen and Mireille

Jenny leading

Lisa and blurry Nancy in her costume
Once we saw the last runners head back Cam and I walked and I admit I was huffing and I'm sure the minimal elevation, my legs and my lung capacity isn't quite where it should be, but given it's only been 8 days since my Ablation.

Locks again, but in the distance you can see some runners
Once we got to the pub it was surprising to hear they only had one server on duty. She did well and deserved to be commended for handling our large crew.
I had a delicous Brixton Burger, but who am I kidding I was starving after that walk.
It seemed like a good time was had by all and everyone enjoyed their Christmas cheer and company. 
For now I continue the rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment