Friday, December 28, 2018

3 Weeks Post Ablation

I Ran

If you're from my era you may be thinking I'm throwing it back to the Flock of Seagulls song from the 80's! 
https://nerdist.com/get-this-spot-on-a-flock-of-seagulls-wig-for-an-80s-hairdo/
Oh yes it was all about the hair, the music and the clothes. Well nothing really changes over the decades, but definitely styles change. However I digress. What does this really mean?

The actual meaning of this post is that I actually went out on Boxing Day with the Arboretum Hill Club and ran 5 K from the Fletcher Wildlife Centre along Colonel By towards Hog's Back Falls.
I have to say it was nice to be outside as the last few days I've actually moved from walking on the tread to a light jog to an actual outdoor run.

You may think this recovery is fast, but in all reality when I was given clearance when I was recovering after my Ablation my EP told me that I could resume my activities after two weeks. It's actually been three weeks Even though all my readings were about a month. So I split the difference and decided that I was ready to try and do a very light run and gauge how I felt.
AHC 2018 Sunset 6K
It was some light snow and a nice trail to path run. I managed to maintain a slow pace and was looking to run 30mins, but I managed to last 41 mins out and back. I paused for a couple of photos, but in general a good 1st run after 3 weeks.
Kelly and Michelle with their fur friends

Dan Runfie is back!

I can see the beauty in evening runs
Conservation Pond at the Fletcher Wildlife centre
If it's on Strava it counts!
I will continue my recover/rehabilitation and keep going. I'm hoping to increase time and my frequency of outings, but as long as I'm running it is therapy!





No comments:

Post a Comment