Thursday, May 2, 2019

April Showtime


Montreal Getaway

For Christmas I gave the girls tickets to either Broadway style show or concerts.
So early on in April and in my April Awakenings post I talked about meeting Nicole and a trip to so Lia could attend a concert, but I didn't post some other photos of us and the condo and exploring churches in Montreal.
So this is the cafe I met Nicole at.
I do know the girls had an amazing time at the concert and it was her first real experience in a venue where it was her and one of her BFF's
No concert photo but here they are as we figure out the Metro
So while the two girls went on a shopping excursion Kiera and I went and walked our legs off and explored a whole bunch of churches. I took too many photos but will not bore you with them as I don't remember all the names anyways so here's just a couple of pics.
Each church had amazing architecture
1st church we saw just outside the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth 

Rare selfie

Photos do not do this justice

Fun trip, but definitely if the traffic/construction was better we would enjoy it more, but we didn't want to be stuck in downtown chaos. As it was there was an accident as we were leaving and we managed to be stuck in the jam.

Toronto Getaway

The final series of the showtime was for Mei-Ling seeing Dear Evan Hansen and a date night with her mother so we took the opportunity to give ourselves a bit of a getaway and head to another AirBnB and enjoy the family time. As it was we discovered that I need a AirBnB lesson in checking out places in where we go as this was in a high rise apartment and reminded me so much of when we lived in Toronto. Don't get me wrong the apartment was just fine for us for sleeping, but definitely not a hotel and the price was somewhat appropriate for what was provided. Especially since we had parking included and with a hotel that would have been an additional cost. Needless to say it was enough to get us through the weekend even if the kids had a bit of a wake up call on trying to get away from hotel luxury living. 😜 

Part of the itinerary also was that we flew ML down to the Island on Porter as she finished her last exam and is now done Year One of University. So this was her first solo plane ride and even though it was just like an hour flight it was solo while the rest of us braved driving to Toronto through rush hour. ML handed it like a champ, but really it was pretty uneventful.

Another adventure we did was visit The Cheesecake Factory so we indulged and had to see what the big deal is all about.

Sure add a skinny menu to make it better

I had to make room for this Reese's PB cheesecake

While Kiera and ML went to see Dear Evan Hansen, Lia and decided to watch IT. I had never seen it but she wanted to so it was quite entertaining. Sure there were some scary parts, but it was more entertaining watching Lia squirm. 😊
After the movie I went out and picked up the theatre goers at the Royal Alexandra and heard how amazing the musical was. Lots of tears, but definitely worthy of all the musical awards it received.
#YouWillBeFound

Oh and of course I went for a quick jog out to burn off some of the awesome food we had!
still maintaining the turtle pace

Lower Don River bridge and yes this is the bridge the bloor/danforth subway line is

finish at the sketch apartment

Our drive back we also stopped in Kingston as someone had a craving for gourmet grilled cheese. So we pulled into K-town and stopped at MLT DWN and enjoyed some good eats with waffle fries.

Delish
So after indulging ourselves I finally had the chance to explore the Brockville Railway tunnel. I've seen so many people post this in the past and I needed to check this out myself.
It was quite amazing what they've done.

difficult to capture what this experience is like

I'm a caboose runner and this is my support 😃

One end of the tunnel



No comments:

Post a Comment