Saturday, April 20, 2019

April Awakenings

Training

RunCoach

If you have signed up for Ottawa Race Weekend you may have seen an option for Run Coach. Run Coach is an online coaching app that helps you build a training plan to achieve your goals. In the past I've signed up for the Running Room Clinics and I've also dabbled in the Peak Performance Training. I'm taking a look at this app as 1) it was free with registration 2) it's about accountability when I felt I didn't want to be with an actual program that I couldn't adjust as if I'm at a clinic or with another plan it would have been tricky as my recovery/rehab has taken priority. With that being said I've been slowly returning and using the RunCoach to lay out my progress. What the app does it syncs to my Garmin data and calculates with its algorithm to develop a plan for you. 
Campus RUNch

Selfie outside my building
So I'm giving it a try and will keep you updated. It's about 35 days to Ottawa Race Weekend and I'll be ready for my 10K. So we shall see if I'm ready for my goal, but realistically I'm running it for Team Heart and spreading the word of awareness for the Heart Institute.
RunCoach Online Dashboard


Cardiac Athlete Meeting

I got a chance to meet with a fellow CA in Montreal when we went to bring Lia to a concert of one of her favourite artists Conan Gray. So we had a chance to chat over coffee.
She is an amazing athlete and overall amazing person that has overcome a lot since her cardiac arrest.
Nicole and I by McGill and Mont Royal

Run to Beer - Pint Series

On April 7th I participated in the 2019 Run To Beer - Pint Series and it featured my teammates from Team Awesome. It was great to meet fellow ambassadors IRL, It was nice to get out to run. I had registered for the 10K, but knew that I needed to keep it low mileage so I started out at the back of the 10K crew and decided to go and see if I can turn around at some point and head back. It was a great day and a great run to head out for a run with the crew. I found a great place to turn around by the giant steps on Colonel By and headed back around Echo drive and did a Bank Street loop.
Run To Beer - Dan's modified route
If there's beer you may find my teammate Jenn aka OmmMama

Warm up with Yoga on Tap Ashley

Jenn was doing an IG takeover of Ottawa Marathon.

Post photo of the Team Awesome crew

Q/A with the crew

Road Race #2

Rather than regurgitate the post I did on Facebook. I will link it up here to show and post some extended photos. I made it public so you can read the race recap I did.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.pak.904/posts/10156088443906766?sfnsw=cl


The route!
Equipe formidable/Team Awesome

Team Awesome/equipe formidable
Bib

Flat Dan

Team Nuun represent

10K mass start

The turnaround

Joelle caught up with me!

Cheer Becky in the distance

She's da best!

All MEC races end with a banana reward

Post Race Selfie

Maxime

Ian

David from the Bushtukah Trail Runners

Gesine

Christophe

Julie

Jenn
It's been a busy month already and I'm ready to take on the next set of challenges. Look out Turtle mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment