Wednesday, May 8, 2019

5 Month's Post Ablation

5 Month Report

In a span of a few days since the echocardiogram I've been contacted by my PT and we've discussed next steps. Coming off a very whirlwind weekend after running two races. Report below for those needing to catch up.
I got a call from my cardiologist office to book my follow up, but of course the appointment that they were going to schedule me for would be mid-June and I would be in my 2nd holter. So they have to call me back with some availability in July. 😞 But as I've been told and reminded that if there was cause for concern they would see me right away so I continue to monitor as always and make sure to go easy. BUT now my PT has requested, with approval from my cardiologist, that they are going to put me back on the Stress test treadmill. The last time I was on the treadmill I managed to keep up with the pace until my legs said no more. However, I was in Atrial Flutter so I wasn't able to provide the necessary data to calculate the heart rate zones properly since my HR was elevated. So I go back with a normal sinus rhythm next week and cross my fingers for some interesting results.
So life is moving along. In fact, it's all leading up to race weekend. Go #TeamHeart

So if you could sponsor me that would go a long way to help out other heart patients like me.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=4402977&langPref=en-CA

1st May Weekend of races

(cut and paste from Facebook)

Race 1 - Fort Town Night Run aka May the Fort be with You.

Well this weekend has been a whirlwind to say the least. I ran two races both Saturday and Sunday. I wasn’t sure how my body would feel let alone my heart ❤️ but I was on a bit of a high because my Rehab PT has been constantly checking on me. The care from the Heart Institute has been amazing in my rehabilitation. If you saw my blog you may have seen my post about a recent echocardiogram (still waiting on results) but according to my PT she doesn’t have concerns. So with that news I was supercharged and went into my races with newfound enthusiasm.
First up a fun run in Prescott called the Fort Town Night run but aptly named the May the Fort be with you since it just happened to land on May the 4th and if you don’t understand that saying and you’re not a fan of The Big Bang Theory then crawl back under your rock. I entered the 5K and there was a 1K and 10K option.
I felt comfortable sticking to the 5 only because I wasn’t sure what this course would be like. The race started off fairly gentle with a downhill from Fort Wellington that allowed us to run the boardwalk along the lake. The evening sunset ðŸŒ… was amazing. Little did I know that running the town of Prescott had so many hills ðŸ˜ģ but I only slowed down for the one water station near the end and then picked up my pace. I managed to have a nice kick near the end. Something that I have not done in quite some time. I met a few of the running room gang along with Run Ottawa and even a Frontline ambassador who I’ve known on the Twitter for some time. He was doing the 10K but it was nice to finally meet IRL. I also met Joanne from Twitter also. Once I got my geek ðŸĪ“ medal I headed back to my car as I had to be up to be ready for race 2 in the morning. The drive to and from Prescott is about an hour. The race started at 8:20p so it meant I made it back to Stittsville around 10:20p.
If you’ve read this far then up next is my 2nd race of the weekend. Thanks for reading along.
Flat Dan ready

Arrival at the "Jedi Temple"

5K bling

10K bling

This is not the dog you're looking for
Queen Amidala

Met Yves from Twitter IRL

Race Director - Mike Larose

Kids 1K

View along the boardwalk

Fort Wellington

Quite the nice course

The lighthouse

post race selfie

Race 2 - Manotick 5 Miler

Morning came way too fast and I had intended to leave early to see the 10K folks running at the start but by 8a I wasn’t moving quickly. So I got there about 9:10a once I found parking at GT boutique.
I checked in on social media to kill some time but I could hear the excitement so it sounded like the 10 milers were already coming in. I made my way and caught some photos of Amanda, Clark, Alexandra, Mireille and Jennifer. I also saw Vicki and Gesine but wasn’t paying attention and didn’t snap some photos. I met Kim from IG and my Hamilton loving spirit guide Lindsay. Also saw Chad and Christine who also did the Fort Town night race (10K) and they were doing the challenge. ðŸ˜ģ now that is amazing.
I connected with Michelle who I knew would be able to run with me. Well at least I thought so ðŸ˜‰ she did amazing with her 2/1’s she was focused! We kept leap frogging each other until the last turnaround and she took off ðŸ˜she was determined.
The course had changed the last time I ran this race and it was definitely so cool seeing these houses and people along the route cheering us on. It’s definitely a community builder.
But along this course change was some hills which I’m sure they put in on purpose. ðŸ˜‰ but it didn’t phase me and just kept chugging along. It was a beautiful day for a run and even warmer than I thought. Also the distraction of beautiful mansions didn’t help ðŸ˜‚. The last hill was not something I expected but I took it as character building. Once I made it back to the Main Street I opened it up and picked up my pace. That’s two days in a row and 2nd time I was supercharged to make it to the end and finish strong.
That was my weekend. Nothing too crazy. ðŸĪŠ


Flat Dan

Clark

Amanda


Alexandra

Jenn

Lindsay

Start/Finish
Michelle

1st beer in like 5 months

Post race selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment