Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Echo One to New Ink

Echo One

Early in my April posts I eluded to wearing the 2 week Holter and then getting the results AND waiting for an official follow up. Of course when your cardiac rehab is calling you wondering if you've heard back from them and you've been told by your cardiologist in a nice way..."Don't call us we'll call you." then you're left in limbo in trying to figure out what next? Then this past Wednesday, May 1st I got a call from the Heart Institute saying I need to get an echo-cardiogram. So I asked when they had an opening and they said oh we have a cancellation can you come at like 8:30a tomorrow? Of course I said yes! 
So off I went to the heart institute Thursday AM. and I brought Mei-Ling with me as we both had another appointment of mine which I'll talk about in the next section. So we arrived in plenty of time and we registered or rather I registered. Met with a nice tech who obviously was bilingual or maybe more, but he literally sang instructions in both official languages which I found highly entertaining. Having the ability to see on the monitor how your heart works is truly amazing at the technology and apparently handles 3D and 4D modes. The 4th if you're wondering for trivia questions is flow. Blood flow in this case. 

Echo-cardiogram - May 2/19
The session was about 40 mins or so as I banked on being there a lot longer, but it seems that the tech was able to gather enough images and mentioned to me that my heart beat was strong and a good steady rhythm. (I didn't see AFib, but I'm not an expert) Overall, from the tech perspective, everything looks good. Of course I'm not exercising hard the past couple of weeks so it's been very low volume. In any case I was able to leave feeling relieved hearing things were ok, but of course still need the appropriate interpretation.
Ironically enough as I was at work I saw a voicemail left by my cardiologist's office and I finally got a call, but not sure what to do with that news as she was going to book me in for mid-June and now they want to push it back to July once she gets some dates from him so it will be like 7 months since my Ablation and I may see the cardiologist for the first time. 

New Ink

Since ML and I had a lot of spare time we decided we would have breakfast at the Heart Institute. They have a cool cafe called "Tickers" 😊
Big Breakfast - 2 eggs, bacon & home fries
You're probably saying that doesn't look healthy! And you would be correct, but I have to be realistic and not cheat myself. #YOLO and if I keep myself active and honestly eat this way moderately then really it's not going to be so hard when one day this will not attract me as much.
Also I was allowing myself to have a good meal before I was off on our next adventure. I was heading to the village of Rockland to have a concept tattoo piece I envisioned myself getting. I had ML draw it out for me and then gave it to Jodi's favourite artist Nelson of Espada Tattoo who took ML's drawing and somewhat re-imagined to a tattoo like piece.
So for those who haven't been following this blog or just tuning in I was trying to mark the occasion of this piece with more of a rebirth (Phoenix) and the heart embedded inside the Phoenix as the proverbial the beat goes on; and the words Rise Up that is somewhat fitting for the role of the Phoenix and of course for those that admire the music from Hamilton the Broadway musical. So somewhat dual purpose.
Nelson did a great job in putting the piece and made it fit with what I have already on my shoulders.

New Ink to mark the rebirth after my Ablation

What do you people think?


No comments:

Post a Comment