Monday, July 17, 2023

St. John's, Newfoundland

This is a different type of blog post as it's not about running or volunteering. It's just a post on how I try to combine my work with travel and hoping that this is not a one off and we can put that pandemic behind us. Doing work travel has been very absent over the past three years with COVID so when there is an opportunity to visit another site then you try to take advantage of doing what you can to visit and provide the expertise.

I managed to take the trip with a co-worker as the project they were working on involved both of our disciplines.

Leading up to this I had been working a lot and sitting down and when I went for a run to start my next training cycle I was surprised that I tweaked my back! I was definitely looking forward to exploring a bit of St. John's but sadly my sciatica had different plans. In any event I did a lot of walking and exploring of the downtown core. In fact my coworker encouraged me to explore Signal Hill and Cape Spear. Let alone my own walking tour of the downtown core. I can tell you this is a very hilly town. I thought Halifax was hilly but it seems to be pretty common in these Atlantic provinces.

I did get a chance to see an iceberg and a pod of whales while at Cape Spear. Highlight of the trip for sure.

Here's a Quik video of my photos.


Some of the highlights was I had arrived in time for them to close off a street so that it is now a pedestian walkway for the summer so people can enjoy the patio life.
A lot of talk about Jellybean row as these are housed everywhere in the core of St. John's that have colourful facades for their house. Overall, the trip was very useful and I managed to get a chance to pub hop and enjoy the night life that is east coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment