Sunday, November 18, 2018

The Call

The Call

So if you have been following this #AFibAsian journey then you may know I've been waiting for "The Call" So about three weeks ago while I was on a business trip I did get that call, BUT I did not turn on my personal cell phone as we decided to just rely on Kiera's phone while on travel as really the girls were at home and would relay any messages to us if necessary and since we have VOIP we tehnically could get calls IF we really needed to. Anyhow I digress and during the time I was away on business I did get a call and when we arrived back in Canada we were back on our home network so I flipped on my phone and noticed a missed call so I dialed my voice mail and discovered a call from the Heart Institute so I called them back immediately, but discovered that I had a date, but unfortunately since I didn't return the call they gave away the date! 😢 Needless to say I was disappointed, BUT not as disappointed as having to wait three weeks to talk to the triage nurse as she had gone on holidays. 😞
So today, November 16th, I finally was able to get her call, well not exactly, I was in the shower and ML took the call so she ran up and said you have to call them back right away so I did!

Ablation Date received
December 6th cannot come any quicker!
I can't explain why I'm excited about an invasive procedure, but then again living with restrictions and complications from the side effects of the medication and other factors has been tough. I have to say I'm looking forward to moving on.
And now the countdown begins. I'm hoping that the procedure will be a success, but I will need a full month before I return to strenuous activities. My next step is to talk to my employer and hopefully can arrange some destress time and prep for the surgery.
Like I said earlier...I am ready to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment