Friday, November 16, 2018

Thankful

Thankful

2018 I embarked on a journey to better my running and build on my cardio and endurance; however, that came to a screeching halt just past the halfway point of the year when I was diagnosed. Now I look back on the last several weeks from that diagnosis and reflect on all the people that I am grateful that stuck with me during the dark times and the road to redemption. I do push myself to try and overcome the AFib, but sadly your body does crazy things like oh rebel and say WTF are you doing?? Fact in point when doing the Army Run this year I was actually doing well for the 5K but then going into the half I had an episode which I fought hard to contain, but the more I stressed the worse it got and my Garmin kept screaming. I perserved and finished and enjoyed the views of this great city and the support of the running commnity cheering us crazy runners on.
I'm thankful to my run buddies from the marathon clinic who I bonded with and the crew from Run  Ottawa, the Bushtukah trail runners to the ever hugging November Project tribe who are always motivated to #justshowup so I do with no regrets if I can't pace myself the way I used to and just be happy being back of the pack runner again. It's like coming first circle as I wait for the call.
You all are a part of me and I'm thankful for you. 
In fact yesterday my west end crew of runners went to Gatineau Park and enjoyed Pie and "running" the Wolf Trail. One of the hardest trails in GP and yes I may have tweaked my left calf again. Sigh. More rest.
I can't forget my crew at work as I don't think I've been part of team like I am now. My Exec Director is one of a kind and cares for every member of his team. I've knowin many of my coworkers, but the ones close to me are with me to the end! Even if I act like a jerk or be immature 😉
As I write this I am waiting for the Turkey soup to be made as we made a turkey (one of the best ones we have cooked) for dinner and it was amazing!
Kudos to the wife for making the traditional dinner and now all the leftovers for the week and of course Turkey soup!
Cam usually in the front leading the way

Wolf Trail is not exactly easy

Part of the crew

Classic jump shot

Making Turkey dinner and you need to hydrate 
Support crew



Dinner setting



No comments:

Post a Comment