Monday, November 25, 2019

11 months Post Ablation and the Fitness Funk

11

I've been neglecting writing a post for my 11th month post ablation as I didn't really know what to say. After my performance at 9 run run I think I peaked and then I had one more redemption run in me to go back to the MEC road race to see if Michelle can tackle the hills at Fortune and to really test if I can truly push myself heart wise and ankle wise.
Sadly the day before the race there was a wicked wind storm that took down a lot of trees in Gatineau Park and the NCC couldn't guarantee they would be ready let alone MEC, the organizers, to setup for the 5K and the 1/2. 
I still picked up my bib, but it wasn't meant to be as late Friday they called off the race.
Obviously for safety reasons, but disappointment was had and I was feeling empty. I ended up joining the Bushtukah crew and hoped that would do it as I had not run with them often and it would have been a good test to see how I would handle trails. I felt fine, but of course didn't push it.
Redemption was not to be had for MEC Road Race #2

Ottawa State of Mind

Now once I hit that peak and that disappointment I hit what I'm calling a "Fitness Funk" I had zero motivation and basically some negativity in my life that was sending me into some anxiety. It was hard to articulate my feelings and whether putting them on the blog would actually help or not?! I didn't know so part of my "funk" was self inflicted and I turned to some people in my tribe that just know me. One of them posted this on their IG story!
This helped steer me in the right direction!

#truth
If any of you know me I give myself and to the community. It's just who I am. When one person in your life just cuts you off (see image above) then they are not worth your energy. So the past few weeks I gave myself to the run community and it was hard to let go. I'm not going to lie. Moving on is not easy when you've been an integral person to them. Well at least you think you were. But I found in the last couple of weeks I need to break that funk and just move on.
Volunteering as a course marshal and photographer for Pathway to a Cure
 
It was at the ArboRace2 that I started feeling like myself again. I saw many runners that appreciated me taking photos of the race and just for giving back to the community. I needed that!
Then the next day I did more photography and helped out the Goulbourn Museum for their Old Fashioned Christmas Craft Fair with their Santa photos. It was my 2nd year doing the photos and it was another rewarding experience.
I felt the spark slowly coming back.
The many volunteers with Santa

Bushtukah Stittsville Trail Running, Evolve Run Club and Mill Street Milers

This past weekend I joined a plethora of running. I was welcomed back with no judgement and appreciated to be around this tribe of people. Words can't convey the gratitude I have for them. It's not just friends, but family. They just get me and helped steer me away from the negativity and direct my energies to where they need to be! So thank you tribe.
I'm sure the photos will speak for themselves!
P8 - Bushtukah Trail Running Crew

The way to the waterfall

Long exposure of the waterfall. Getting there was icy AF

Happy to make it back to the ruins of MacKenzie King Estate

Mill Street Milers - Newvember

Photos by BytownBoy (IG)



So my message to you all is to find your tribe. If you're feeling in a "funk" and you don't know who to turn to anymore when certain people are no longer part of your life. Look the other way or even behind you! You never know who will catch you when you fall and bring you back up. It could be as simple as just getting outside or reaching out to a random person that you've connected with that understand you. Sometimes it's the little things that can break that vicious cycle and allow you to move on! Stay strong and stay tuned for December as I approach my one year Ablation-aversry!

No comments:

Post a Comment