Monday, July 15, 2019

23, 7 Months Post Ablation & Rolled Ankle Recovery

July 6, 1996

This year Kiera and I celebrate number 23 of married life together, but at least another 10 as a couple. Some quick highlights:
  • started my civil servant job 1996
  • bought our first car together 1997
  • Had our 1st born in 2000
  • Kiera finished her masters in 2000
  • bought our first house together in 2000
  • Had our 2nd child in 2003
  • Kiera started her civil service job in 2004
  • took our 1st destination vacation in 2008
  • we got our 1st fur friend forever 2009
  • moved and bought our 2nd home in 2010
  • many more or either on my social media since really came alive around that time my life is pretty much on the Internet or rather our lives have been shared online.
Wedding Day July 1996

Multi-Celebration selfie

So this year we did something a bit different. We wanted to go try a spa, but nothing too crazy. I know Kiera loves Le Nordik, but we've done that so many times and I've wanted to do something different so we went to Strathmere.
We did a rest and relax package and I have to say if you want to get away this place really is a gem. It's tucked away in North Gower and the food and facilities are top notch.
We had a relaxing dinner and watched the thunderstorms in the distance, but it never hit North Gower. But it did knock out the power for a moment and reset the AC so our room was super hot so we called someone to check it out and found that the AC was on, but the breaker was tripped so it was registering 26C so it took some time to cool down, but by the late evening it was fine. Next morning we had our breakfast and couples stone massage. It was amazing! The breakfast and the massage. We enjoyed our one night stay and even extended by seeing Rocketman that afternoon before we went out for dinner as a family for #23 to celebrate all our achievements.
chilling on the patio outside our room

appy tacos

free range bison burger

tuna

ice cream sandwich

Options

Sangria

Food credit

Then our breakfast and morning stone massage
Waffles

Eggs Benny

Hot Stones

Post Massage

anniversary bouquet


7 Months

Not much to report other than the usual scarring and the lack of information from my caridologist/Electrophysiologist. I don't know why they don't to see me, but I've been checking for my last Holter, but with their computer switchover I haven't seen it uploaded yet so I will have to call again and figure out what is happening.
So I've had some issues, but it could be related to the next topic

MEC Fortune Fell

From my FB post:

Today I had my first DNF! As well my 1st trail race of the season ended after 600m into the race and my foot slid in some gravel and I rolled it really bad. I was thankful for Katherine Kate Vicki and a few others. Ranya went and got some help as I hobbled to the steps of the lodge while the medics looked me over and the. I was able to walk to their tent and get ice on it. It was quite the cankle! 
I’m disappointed I couldn’t enjoy the race that I was training for and I had to bail.
The medics were fantastic. They kept me humoured with anecdotes of bone saws and amputations. Thanks 🙄
But seriously they were fantastic.
Thanks to those that stopped by to check on me and even take the obligatory injured runner photo 👌🏼 Cliff and Cindy
Huge props to Rebecca for heading to my car to grab my change of clothes and being a human crutch to take me back to my car. It was very much appreciated. ❤️
Now to swallow my pride and hope to heal quickly. It was a tough way to end what started to be a great weekend.
At least I was able to celebrate 2️⃣3️⃣ with my life partner Kiera at Strathmere for an adults only stay paired with dinner, breakfast and a hot stone massage.

Team Awesome Reunion

Fell at 660m

trying to keep the swelling down

Making light of the situation. Thanks Cindy

Of course Cliff made an appearance with a Stephen aka Bytown Boy photobomb

Nothing broken

enlarged cankle

that looks terrible

Not exactly comfortable
Now I await the main verdict that I have a long road to recovery. Stay tuned as I'm now moving from heart recovery to ankle recovery. If you're following my social media I've named my cankle "Michelle" and the boot "AC-0707"!








No comments:

Post a Comment