Saturday, February 9, 2019

Cardiac Rehab/Progress Update and Team Awesome appearance

Cardiac Rehab/Progress Update

Two Months

Quick Recap and then to about 3 weeks ago I had been slowly increasing my workouts and then around the 7th of Jan my HR shot up to 90-100 bpm. It stayed that way until about this past Thursday, February 7th. In between that time I had an ECG and it showed my heart was in Atrial Flutter and my ventricle rate jumped 40 bpm from my post Ablation ECG. 
ECG - Jan 22/19
But like I said my HR seems to have come down on its own and my resting HR seems to be back in the 60’s. I haven’t had my follow up with the EP but I have an appointment with the Physiotherapist on the 19th. Hoping I can get them to send me for an ECG to see if I’m back in normal rhythm. 

So my activities have been on hold until things calm down and as I’ve been reminded that it could take up to 3 months for this to pass.
Hoping I can get back to it but this is my new normal.

In the meantime, I had another stress test on the treadmill February 1st where I was only allowed to walk at a speed build to a maximum of 4 mph.
I met Karl who set me all up and he sent another ECG off to the cardiologist before I started just to make sure that I was ok to proceed. Upon his return I got the green light and was able to do my brisk walk. In the end I was able to go about 11 mins and the incline got to about 10%. At least that is my guess as when I had this stress test the 1st time around they start you off at an incline almost right away. They just want your heart to start working quickly. Also each time the incline went up Karl took my BP. 
I'm personally happy, but at the same time it's always the unknown and the wait to know what is happening.
Also as part of my rehab I have to take some nutrition course as well as a stress for the heart class which I will be attending February 13th so hopefully this might help me feel more centred. More to follow the next couple of weeks.


Team Awesome Appearance

Bank Street Marathon Clinic
I had the opportunity to speak with the clinic at the Running Room on Bank Street. It was a lively crew and I was joined by alumni Mireille and we were able to speak about our experiences and pass on any tips that we had and basically just encouraged them to follow us and keep doing what they are doing.
I always feel a sense of accomplishment that I get to do this and help give back to the run community. I hope to inspire these runners when I get back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment