Sunday, January 6, 2019

One Month Anniversary - Nuun, Bushtukah, RunToBeer, and OTF

One Month Post Ablation

Today January 6th it has been one month since going for my Ablation to correct the Atrial Fibrillation. Although I will be monitored over the next year nothing feels better than being able to do my running and returning to my activities. 
In fact today I returned to OrangeTheory Fitness to do my HIIT workout to see how I felt. Today's workout was a Strength workout and some base running with hills. After all the #RORunStreak the last five days I guess this workout was a good way to mix it up. I lasted the full hour and it seems my HR wasn't too bad, but there were not a lot of major pushes or all outs, but of course I was on the cautious side. 
30 Splats
This was actually quite a busy weekend with
Bushtukah, RunToBeer OTT & a BIG announcement.

Nuun Ambassador

So you're looking at the newest 2019 #TeamNuun ambassador. If you've ever done Ottawa's race weekend it is their electrolyte drink of choice. They have a variety of flavours and have added even a performance style drink that I've been using for trail runs and also for my cycling to add a bit of carbs and electrolytes.
I received the official announcement Friday and I'm excited to share how important hydration is in any sports. I preach this a lot to my girls as it is key. Our bodies are made up of over half water. So when you work out you sweat and you see all those commercials with the coloured sports drinks. Nuun is different and you just add it to water in a form of a tablet and its effervescent way of dissolving easily. As part of this new ambassador role I hope to combine this with Team Awesome and help out other athletes in "muuving" over the next year and staying hydrated and of course being Awesome.

#TeamNuun Ambassador

Bushtukah Snowshoe & RunToBeer Ottawa Chapter

My weekend started with a double workout kind of day. I know it's just a bit crazy after only a month ago I was at the Heart Institute on the operating table!
But I think today's technology and the type of procedure has allowed me to return a lot quicker than an average person. Then again I'm not your average person! 😏
Well I didn't want to overdo it at the snowshoe run so lucky I was late and just lollygagging at home and then forgetting where I was going. Of course trying to put on the gaiters and snowshoes is not exactly a quick action like snapping into a pair of skis. But I caught up to the walkers and made my way to watch as the walkers were feeding the chickadees. I managed a nice 2K walk/run and I was able to see Celia and Peggy and went back with them. Also who am I kidding I really looked forward to the cookies!
Snowshoe running...you have to try it!

Feeding the Birds

Peggy and Celia only ran in snowshoes for 1k of 2k

One more cookie before RunToBeer
After the snowshoe it was off to the hi-tech area in Kanata to get a sneak peek at the new Calabogie Brewing Company and try my hand at a 5K run/race.
It was nice to see that I can pick up my pace and I'm impressed I'm still running continuous. After the last six months of running paces 7:30/km or slower it was nice to quicken them even if it didn't last the full 5K, but I'm still on the recovery/rebuild. I may end up going back to those paces as I want to make sure I do NOT overdo it. As I am positive those close to me will be watching me carefully and reminding me.
I had a great time and even better when I saw Vlad and Tim running right by me on the other side of the road and an even bigger surprise seeing Tatiana taking photos at the end.
To the brewery

Shiny
The following were taken by Tat and she caught me off guard as I really wasn't expecting her to be there. So some candid photos courtesy of her site

Seriously WTH

speechless


The flow

My hair sparkles 😂
It has been quite the busy weekend and now we prepare some colder temps again and of course snow! A lot of snow in the forecast. Apparently as I type this there could be 10-20 cm of snow starting Monday the 7th to Tuesday! Before I sign off I recieved in the mail the other day that my Doctor has recommended me to take part in a Caridac Rehabiltation Program. So I've left a message and will let you all know how that works out.
My parting words...#StayHydrated 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment